Thursday, September 1, 2016

Smack your next spook with a smudge stick!

I went out for a solo death march this morning-- the weather was so nice! A cold front chased away the humidity and it was sunny, breezy, in the low 70s, so I just kept going...a smidge over 10 miles! (I've only run further than that twice in my life...)

Every ghost-bustin' housewife needs
a smudge stick (for those times when
a Swiffer just won't do)!
From smidge to smudge. The day before yesterday I caught a commercial for one of those stupid paranormal shows my wife says I shouldn't be watching. In it a frantic woman called her pastor to come bless her house; his response was "not until you get someone to smudge your home first." I had to rewind to listen again to what I thought heard, "smudge your home," and, sure enough, that's what I heard. There was no other context, so I Googled it and found out that smudging is a thing (which requires a "smudge stick"). A woefully named blog, Spiritual Spew, has all the poop one needs to smudge (so to speak): When and How to Smudge (with Videos)

But more than the smudging, I'm concerned with the woman's pastor who needs a house "cleansed" of spooks before agreeing to give a blessing... (Maybe that lady needs to get him a smudge stick of his very own.)

Tomorrow I have orientation at the seminary, then Tuesday I start crackin' the books... I'm ready.

So ready.

P.S. Consider aseity for a moment (if you can), as an attribute of God...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.