Sunday, June 26, 2016

Another factoid about Ft. Wayne, the Miami tribe, and baseball...

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. (John 15:7 ESV)

I heard on the news this morning that Ft. Wayne was the venue of the first professional baseball game played in 145 years ago. The National Association Ft. Wayne Kekiongas (see previous post) beat the Cleveland Forest Cities 2-0 on May 4, 1871. Until a few weeks ago, all I knew about Ft. Wayne was that it was the home to an LCMS seminary...

Check out this short (1:51) YouTube video!

And this Kekiongas trading card from 1871 sold for $43,500...

I may have to get a Kekiongas ballcap or shirt. I'm a fan!

(A closing thought for the day heard this on the local Christian rock station: When we pray, God always shows up; sometimes, though, He shows off!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.