Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Death Do Us, Part 2

It happened again, this time here in Indiana. I was on a two-lane, divided city street and I encountered a funeral procession coming toward me from the opposite direction in the right lane. In a pouring rain the cars in front of me were at a dead stop in the right lane. I slowed down, but there were many cars behind me (I was in the right lane), in both lanes. So I moved into the left lane (I needed to turn left at the next light anyway) and kept forward motion as the funeral procession passed by on the other side.

Check out this post:
Highway to Heaven: The Death of Respect and Funeral Processions

In Indiana, as in Texas, as, I'm certain, in most other states, there is no requirement to slow down or pull over for a funeral procession-- in fact, to do so is dangerous (like today!).

More than one driver honked at me on both sides of the road, but, as far as I know, nobody flipped me off, as happened to me in Texas a year ago.

Some human behavior just vexes me.

P.S. Along the way, I tripped over an interesting blog, called Adventures in Cemetery Hopping, whence cometh the above image...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.