Saturday, February 20, 2016

Oh the humanit...simianity!

Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor. (1 Peter 2:17 ESV)

Among today's headlines, plucked from my morning paper:

Rum drinking monkey disrupts bar

Remarks by Francis turned Trump into 'martyr'

Trump, Pope have similarities

Teen becomes Eagle by standing up for gay community in project

In a flaky move, British chain won't carry curved croissants

Space station puts trash out for burning

I often start my workday watching the local news, feeling my heart sink as they report on the latest episodes of inhumanity; this morning, however, the news seemed a bit more on the mild side (I thought that maybe I've become so desensitized that I'm now oblivious...) and the morning paper confirmed it. Other than the drunken monkey with a knife in a bar in Brazil, the news today was mostly Trump and Cruz, Trump and Pope, Trump and Apple, Trump and Blackjack Pershing, Trump and etc. etc. a-um...

...and before too long, Trump and the drunken monkey...

(Sorry, your Holiness, I think we need a wall big enough to keep them both out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.