Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! (Romans 11:33 ESV)
This morning, after reviewing for tomorrow's mid-term exam (murdering an already dead language during parsing drills) and sitting through a rare Monday Communion service in chapel (today is the Feast of St. James), I plodded over to the student commons area for a cup of coffee and was able to chat with the professor here at the seminary who orchestrates liaison and training initiatives between the LCMS and Russian Lutherans in Russia. He will be headed off to Novosibirsk (Russia's third largest city) on Thursday to visit a seminary (Siberian Evangelical Lutheran Church, I believe) there. How cool!
I have this "Russian program" (as it is so cleverly referred to) on the radar, and, perhaps, just perhaps, God let us cross paths this morning to me on his radar. He has an interesting background in Russian Lutheran relations, which he wrote about in an article published in the Journal of Lutheran Mission's April issue, Novosibirsk: A Lutheran Seminary Model for Theological Education in Russia.
We agreed that we would try to reconnect after he returns from Russia. For now, I'm simply intrigued by it all and think that God must be up to something...
...and I think the three of us might make good music together (metaphorically, that is).
Only time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.