There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28 ESV)
Yesterday I was informed by the seminary that I have been adopted by the Women's Guild in a congregation near Detroit through the Adopt-A-Seminarian program-- area (well, I suppose from anywhere, really) churches can support men studying in the seminary spiritually and financially, though I'm not sure how the program works exactly. I wrote to them yesterday afternoon and introduced myself (and thanked them for picking me from the litter).
Closer to home, I will be visiting with the pastor of the church we've visited over the last two weeks (see last Thursday's post) tomorrow afternoon to talk about the possibility of being assigned there for my Field Work requirement, which runs the academic year (through May). I have a good feeling about it...
Only 2½ more weeks to go! Then a two-week break!!
P.S. If I had the power to do so, I would outlaw hyphenated American labels; since I cannot, I may start referring to myself and the many others of my particular confessional persuasion as "Lutheran-American." Apparently in this country it's positively de rigueur to let everyone else know what team you're on.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.