Saturday, January 21, 2017

More Fitbit cyber-bling!

Today in our corner of Indiana the sun came out-- at least it was out this morning for a while. The temperature around noon was rumored to be climbing toward 60...

So I decided to go on a solo death march in a t-shirt and shorts (in northeast Indiana in mid-January!). As I was on the back end, the ol' Fitbit had, well...a fit. When it vibrated , I checked my phone and saw that I had earned the Penguin Badge. I think the Fitbit people should award actual badges or plaques or something for my I-love-me wall. Actually, I broke my daily steps record during the 5 miles and some change I walked (and ran in spurts a few times, just to try my now 2-year old knees...it wasn't easy) on my death march. I'm hoping to get 20,000 in one day at some point.

It's such a mild day, I'm going to crank up the grill on the patio in about an hour.

Still have a bronchitis cough, but it's starting to trail off. I'm still a walking phlegm comet, but I'm better than I was a week ago.

Killer week coming up. If you don't hear from me by or on Friday evening, I've had a debilitating stroke. Another plea, if you're a prayer (pray-er), say one for me!

I'm going in.

С Богом.

P.S. There is an old wives' tale that if you make a wish when you catch sight of the first robin of spring (before the robin flies away), the wish will come true. I saw my first robin of 2017 on today's death march and made a wish before he flew off... You'll be the first to know if it comes true. Promise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.