Friday, January 27, 2017

There are three dates in my life...

...that are significant because they are singular milestone experiences. One of them is today.

I passed my theological interview this afternoon, so I am certified to be ordained upon completion of my study program (August 2). I cannot put into words what this means to me; however, it was God who got me through... I am just amazed at how clearly I feel led to serve as a pastor!

The other two dates are June 16, 1963, the day I was baptized in a Presbyterian church in Westfield, NJ (by a minister whose last name was Christian), and September 16, 1993, the day my wife and father pinned on my Chief Petty Officer anchors.

Of course, my wife and I share the intimate experiences of our wedding ceremony and the births of our daughters (well, okay, I was there for those in a support role, but you know what I mean...).

I have to say that I am humbled and grateful before God who has been leading me to this day (since June 16, 1963) and who gave me a loving wife that continues to be part of all that I am. I am so undeserving, but oh so thankful.

Now it's time to drop into a coma until tomorrow. Then it's back to work...

It's true! The Lord's work is never done.

С Богом, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.